This is a Neumann TLM 102 Cardioid Microphone – USED
The TLM 102 was developed as a universal talent for vocal and instrumental recordings. Its finely tuned sound signature especially accents the area of 8 to 12 kilohertz which is crucial for human voices. The recordings get a silky elegance which is typical for large diaphragm microphones; the voice gets a noble presence in the overall mix. Suddenly, there’s a natural, organic separation between your vocal and your acoustic guitar, for example. Nevertheless, the TLM 102 remains easy to handle and deals masterfully with critical consonants or sibilants: It has an integrated pop shield.
High Volume? No Problem at All.
The TLM 102 also processes extreme volume and jumps in dynamics without distortion. That makes it an excellent choice for miking loud amps and drums. Our “baby” reproduces sound pressure levels of up to 144 dB (e.g. very loud trumpet at a distance of 10 cm) with great clarity: open, detailed, with powerful bass and refined treble.
Talking About the Price
The TLM 102 stands for legendary sound at an unheard of price. We remodeled the production and omitted rarely used functions (such as pattern, pad, and low cut switches). When you hear the TLM 102, you’ll immediately notice what we did not omit: the Neumann sound, which remains faithful to its big role models.
TLM: Clear Sound, Powerful Bass
Our TLM series works with a transformerless output stage. This means: a clean and direct sound, very “close” to the acoustic source, and a powerful bass transmission all the way down to the lowest frequencies. Its transformerless output stage also makes the microphone resistant to electromagnetic fields and minimizes transmission losses.
- Easy handling for vocal and instrumental recordings
- Distortion-free sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Slight treble boost for silky vocals (independent of music genre)
- Built-in pop shield
- Neumann quality at an affordable price
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz … 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 21 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 12 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 82 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 144 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
- Matching connector: XLR3F
- Weight: approx. 210 g
- Diameter: 52 mm
- Length: 116 mm