A.T.L.A.S mounting bracket / suspension mount.
Drum not included.
The A.T.L.A.S. (or Aerial Tom Lug Attached Suspension) Mount creates a mounting location anywhere on a drum, NO DRILLING REQUIRED.
It simply attaches to the shell by replacing a lug (fits 25mm to 43mm holes spacing- 1in. to 1 11/16in.) including Ludwig Small & Large Classic, and Keystone Lugs).
- Based on where the existing lugs are mounted, select the drum’s best mounting point (for toms, we recommend the top row on either side of the badge.)
- Remove the drum head, rims and selected lug from the drum.
- Position the A.T.L.A.S. Mount with the tension rod insert facing toward the bearing edge. Fit the bottom of the A.T.L.A.S. mount using the thicker of the two sets of included gaskets, adjusting the mounting bolt spacing to fit the existing lug holes. (for toms, use the thin gasket; for bass drums, use the thick gasket.) For Tom mounting, locate the A.T.L.A.S. mount in one of batter head lug positions.
- Insert the edge of the top attachment bolt into the top lug hole in the shell. Align the bottom attachment bolt to be inserted into the bottom lug hole.
- Attach A.T.L.A.S. Mount onto the shell with both attachment bolts through the lug holes. Put the washers on both attachment bolts and secure each 10mm nut to each bolt with no spacing or slack on the inner shell (Tighten bolts until you can not shift the base of the mount by hand. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN)
- Resecure the drum head on the shell and tune as normal.
- Secure the included Memory Lock onto the intended 12.5mm mounting rod and position to proper angle. The ATLAS Mount is engineered to fit snug to the Memory Lock at both top and bottom locations, so be sure to position it where it will most effectively allow for angle and height position. Mount includes adapters for 9.5mm and 10.5mm L-rods as well.
This unique mount has multiple uses especially when coupled with other A.T.L.A.S. accessories. Check Ludwig’s website for all the options. On it’s own, it’s a great way to upgrade your existing tom bracket with no drilling!
Dale’s Drum Shop is an authorized Ludwig dealer.
Please call or email anytime with any questions you may have. A Drummer will respond to you promptly.