This is a NEW Ludwig A.T.L.A.S Anchor bass drum spur set.
Drum not included.
THE CLASSIC ‘GULL-WING’ SPUR, RE-DEFINED.
A.T.L.A.S.-mounted for total shell isolation, the Anchor spur’s creates a solid, slip-free playing foundation on any bass drum.
Elegant and classic in design, yet built for slip-free positioning and uninhibited shell resonance, the A.T.L.A.S. Anchor increases the performance of vintage and modern drums without sacrificing fit or finish.
- Remove the front bass drum head and hoop. Select the lugs on the bass drum that will allow for the most balanced mounting points (as close to 7:00 and 5:00 as the existing lug drilling will allow,) and remove these lugs.
- Fit the bottom of the A.T.L.A.S. mount with the THICK gasket on each end and position the A.T.L.A.S. Mounts to each side with the tension casings facing toward the bearing edge.
- Insert the edge of the top attachment bolt into the top lug hole in the shell. Align the bottom attachment bolt to be inserted into the bottom lug hole (the Atlas mount adjusts to fit lug hole spacing from 25mm to 43mm.)
- Attach A.T.L.A.S. Mount onto the shell with both attachment bolts through the lug holes. Put the washers on both attachment bolts and secure each 3/4in. nut to each bolt with no spacing or slack on the inner shell (do NOT over-tighten.)
- Resecure the drum head on the shell and tune as normal.
- Secure the included Memory Locks onto each spur. Insert the spurs into each A.T.L.A.S. mount, positioning to proper angle. Unscrew each leg to desired height and lock into place with the tension sleeve at the top of each contact point.
- The included ATLAS mounting brackets replace your lugs and are adjustable to mount on lug centers that are 1in. to 1 11/16in..
- For Best Results:
- The A.T.L.A.S. Anchor spurs are best suited for slip-free play with the bass drum on carpet. Play on a smooth surface will result in bass drum slide and floor damage, so don’t do it!
- Due to the ‘floating’ nature of the suspension pins in each A.T.L.A.S. mount, Ludwig recommends the A.T.L.A.S. Anchor for use on ‘virgin’ bass drums (or bass drums without additional toms mounted to the top of the shell.)
- To avoid shell/finish damage, remove each spur before pack-up and transport.
- The spur sections of the A.T.L.A.S. Anchor are sharp, keep away from skin and face!
Check Ludwig’s website for all the A.T.L.A.S. options! It’s a great way to mod, simplify, or upgrade your existing drum and cymbal mounting hardware with no drilling required.
Dale’s Drum Shop is an authorized Ludwig dealer.
Please contact us anytime with any questions you may have. A Drummer will respond to you promptly.